Division I athletics are a part of our identity. Colgate has long been one of few liberal arts colleges competing at the highest level.
We attract some of the world’s brightest student-athletes and see them graduate them at consistently remarkable rates. In our Third Century, we will support them, their coaches, and their programs with new resources and facilities. We will ensure that their determination — on the court, the field, the ice — continues to serve up lessons in leadership, teamwork, and responsibility. Along the way, we will foster school spirit on campus and around the region.
Through the generosity of our alumni, parents, and friends, that support will take many forms, including:
- Personnel and program support to promote the optimal development, performance, and experience of Colgate student-athletes, students and staff.
- Endowed coaching positions.
- Scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Spendable support to cover the difference between operating costs and institutional funding.
- Expanded recruiting opportunities.
- Support for team travel and competition, equipment, apparel; mental performance and nutritional support.
- Live-streamed home athletics contests and events.
- Branding and spirit initiatives in our facilities.